I have been blogging here at Human In Recovery, on and off, since December 2011. During that time I have participated in The Ultimate Blog Challenge, as I am doing this month.
Something which seems to happen during these challenges is bloggers giving each other blogging awards. These awards build community and networks. It boosts traffic and is an opportunity for bloggers to connect to a greater audience. It’s a way build their platform.
The Liebster’s criteria and process has evolved over the past five years. Here’s the details of its current incarnation:
- Acknowledge the blog(s) that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
- Give the bloggers 11 questions to answer
I will name 11 noteworthy blogs to explore. However, I am not requiring or expecting a Liebster acceptance post.
Marc Alan Schelske, “a writer, speaker, hobbyist theologian, recovering fundamentalist, tea drinker & motorcycle rider.”
Sean Paul Mahoney, “a writer, playwright, blogger, tweeter, critic, podcaster and smartass for hire.” https://seanologues.com/
Sarah Fader, “the CEO and Founder of Stigma Fighters, a non-profit organization that encourages individuals with mental illness to share their personal stories. “ http://www.sarahfader.com/
Dan, “Having written his whole life, he blogs because he has to write…he can’t help it.” https://dan4kent.wordpress.com/
Mary, “a music lover who finally got off her duff (or on it, I suppose) and started sharing her opinions about music.” https://myelectronicjukebox.wordpress.com/
Robert Kennedy III, he loves “helping people create hope, generate excitement and belief in their capacity to change lives, starting with their own.” http://www.robertkennedy3.com/
Steve Austin, “focuses on everyday faith, mental wellness, and embracing wonder to encourage, educate, and empower audiences from every walk of life.” http://iamsteveaustin.net/
Daniela Pesconi-Arthur, Founder and editor of The Might Women ezine is “a Brazilian who adopted Wales as “home”’
Martha DeMeo “writes product and book reviews” at http://themarthareview.com/
Sovann Penis a licensed professional counselor, who loves “counseling because it offers healing and freedom” by “helping families with parenting challenges and with the stresses of communication, conflict and disconnection in marriage.”
Steven Shomler, a Pyrocatalyst, Author, Culinary Storyteller, Consultant, Entrepreneur & Speaker
If they choose to participate, here are my questions:
1. Is your blog personal or professional and what is its primary focus and/or topic?
2. Do you have a YouTube channel or podcast? If so, please provide the title or link.
3. Are you a contributing blogger/writer elsewhere?
4. What is the most valuable, free product/app/service you have found as a blogger?
5. What piece of information or advice would you have found invaluable as a beginning blogger?
6. What social media sites do use use for public interaction and how do we connect to you?
7. Are you an introvert, extrovert, or an ambivert (both to varying degrees)?
8. What core value do you try to live by?
9. If you had to choose an anthem song, what would it be? If possible, please provide a YouTube link.
10. If you had to choose, would you consider yourself an advocate or activist?
11. What is your favorite quote?
Now, for those interested, we enter the “All About Me” part.
* If you could take a vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be?
* What is your favorite food to eat?
Depends on the moment.
* What advice would you give your younger self if you could go back in time ten years?
This line from the song, Dear Younger Me, says it all: “do I go deep and try to change the choices that you’ll make ‘cause they’re choices that made me.” What I want to say would change my life in unimaginable ways. However, it would also cost me my youngest child and my grandchildren. So, I have no advice, just, “you’ll get through this, too.”
* What would be the first thing you’d do if you won the lottery?
Pay off my student loan.
* Night owl or early bird?
There’s a difference?
* What superpower would you like to have?
The ability to clone myself and experience the memories of all the clones while they share each other’s and mine.
* Your favorite way to relax?
Water aerobics or swimming followed by a soak in the hot tub, chatting with the people around me.
* eBook or the printed book or audio book or no books at all?
If conditions allow a book at all, paper.
* What four words would you use to describe yourself?
Survivor, empathetic, committed, wounded
* Who is the most influential person in your life?
Currently it is my youngest daughter, in the sense that pretty much all my decisions and conditions are made with her in mind and affected by her.
* Do you make resolutions? If yes, what is your top resolution for 2018?
Not anymore. However, my personal goal is to transition my eating to be primarily whole food, plant-based by 2019.
11 random facts about me:
1. I am a 48 year old grandmother of three.
2. I have three children ages 31, 24, 9.
3. I am parenting a child who experiences the world through the Autism Spectrum.
4. My 31 year old stopped being legally my child in 2012. He went through an adoption process, as an adult, and legally became another mother’s child. Our estrangement has been reconciled.
5. I earned two diplomas and a GED.
6. I have the debt of one who earned a Bachelors degree.
7. I have no college degrees.
8. I have experienced two major nervous breakdowns.
9. I have a Bipolar brain impacted by PTSD.
10. I am married but have not seen my husband since December 12, 1988.
11. I am half Mexican.