In the beginning was…chaos and clutter! On more than one occasion I have confessed to being like Oscar Madison from The Odd Couple. It is not an exaggeration and here are the pics to prove it!
First order of business, get the cleaning done and set a routine for keeping it up! To that end, I’m going to revisit the FlyLady.
“Clutter is also stealing your precious time! Clutter cannot be organized. It can only be eliminated!” ~FlyLady
I DEFINITELY need to learn how to ELIMINATE the clutter!
FLYing means Finally Loving Yourself. I want you to have what I have: peace of mind, pride in my home, and a passion for living.
I dipped my toes in to FLYing in 2011, but I was still too caught up in my stress addiction. That’s about the only thing I can think of to call it. Anyway, I’m ready to start FLYing again ~ not just as an expression of finally loving myself, but also as an expression of love for Luna who deserves to grow up with structure, boundaries, and most importantly a mom who is present and engaged. It’s also expression of love for Jerry, despite his flaws he is doing his very best to provide for our family and the few days a month that he gets to be home with us should not be consumed with the chaotic energy from the clutter. Since I know how stressful it is for him to be surrounded by the chaos and that it is a trigger for his agitation and negativity, and I want to have that home time be as pleasant as possible, I owe it to myself, as much as I owe it to him.
There are 31 Beginner Baby Steps, one for each day of the month of July . . . but I only have five days before Jerry gets home. Therefore, my plan of action for the next four days is to do the baby steps, AND do major work each day toward getting the apartment ready for Jerry’s homecoming.
- Get up and get dressed to the shoes!
- Get Luna’s clothes and things ready for school
- Get Luna up and off to school
- Come home, turn Music Choice tv onto a rockin’ 80’s station
- 15 minutes getting laundry ready
- 15 minutes in the kitchen
- 15 minutes in the living room
- 15 minutes reading/editing project for my friend (This is my treat for me)
- Eat something
- Repeat steps 5 – 8 until Kitchen, Living Room, and Laundry or done or 2 p.m. arrives, whichever is first.
- From 2 – 4, I can focus on blogging: reading and writing before it’s time to pick Luna up from school.